News articles and press releases, relating specifically to OTN Processors & Framers.
- PMC Enables 400G OTN Switching in Metro Networks More Info »
- PMC Disrupts 100G Economics with Industry's First OTN Processor Enabling Virtualization of Optical Network Bandwidth for Big Data More Info »
- Converge Network Digest - Blueprint: The Transport Network Challenge More Info »
- PMC's New Metro OTN Processors Enable Packet-Optimized Metro Optical Networks More Info »
- PMC Announces Industry's First OTN Switching Solutions to Comply with New Optical Internetworking Forum Protocol More Info »
- PMC-Sierra's HyPHY Enables FiberHome to Deliver Breakthrough Multi-Service Convergence over OTN More Info »
- PMC-Sierra Delivers Industry's Highest Performance Forward Error Correction Technology for 40G and 100G OTN Deployments More Info »
- PMC-Sierra Receives 2010 NGN Leadership Award More Info »
- PMC-Sierra Enables Wireless Backhaul Transport of Gigabit Ethernet Services over OTN More Info »
- PMC-Sierra Named One of the Ten Most Competitive Optical Communications Brands in China More Info »
- PMC-Sierra's IP over OTN Architecture Accelerates Packet and Optical Metro Convergence More Info »
- PMC-Sierra's Breakthrough Multi-Service Convergence Platform Enables End-to-End OTN Deployment in Carrier Networks More Info »
Disrupting 100G with PMC's new DIGI 120G
Introducing PM5440 DIGI 120G, the industry's only single-chip OTN processor supporting 10G, 40G and 100G speeds for OTN transport, aggregation and switched deployments. DIGI 120G allows for the efficient sharing and dynamic assignment of network resources, enabling OTN networks to effectively virtualize optical network bandwidth to meet the elastic traffic demands of Big Data.
Network Convergence with OTN
What is OTN? This video provides a two-minute introduction to Optical Transport Network (OTN) technology. Until recently, solutions did not exist to make it a practical alternative to SONET/SDH for end-to-end network deployment. Carrier worldwide are now transitioning their networks to OTN for optimized transport of IP services, even at 10 Gigagit Ethernet rates. Presented by Mark Orthodoxou, PMC-Sierra.